วันพุธที่ 19 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2553

HTC TyTN II 4550 Kaiser


HTC TyTN II Review

The most robust Windows Mobile device on the market today..
More powerful than any mobile communications device you've used before, the HTC TyTN II takes global connectivity to the next level. Staying connected means staying ahead. The TyTN II supports the full spectrum of network standards, guaranteeing that you will stay in touch ANYWHERE in the world. With an internet connection via 3.5G HSDPA that is nine times faster than 3G, using the TyTN II to download files and surf the Web is a breeze.

I have to say the first week of using the HTC TyTN II has been pretty interesting. The unit is probably one of the most powerful Windows Mobile phones I have used to date other than the HTC Advantage. I am very happy with the lack of soft resets, something that has plagued me with the WM6 Treo 750 I was using. The TyTN II does have some quirky things that really tick me off. The unit will not accept the little brother HTC TyTN battery! Yes, It is a completely different size! Now don't get me wrong but COMON HTC lets get logical. The battery is a Samsung KAS160 battery which is a measly 1350mAh battery. Totally unacceptable for a POWERHOUSE phone. So what did I do? I immediately grabbed my USB car charger that has worked on EVERY HTC device I owned.. Guess what? Nope it wouldn't work! So now I have to patiently wait for an extended battery solution. I am hoping our store will carry them also.

Now to the things I like! Boy where do I start. The TyTN II works like a charm with Skype and Slingbox! Two applications that are very processor intensive and it ran like a charm! I called Steve on the TyTN II over 3G and he clearly heard me with no feedback and a very slight delay. It almost makes you wish Skype for Windows Mobile supported video calling because this phone definitely would work with it. During my use with the Slingbox, I noticed really no problems whatsoever. The Sling always went to full screen giving me the best horizontal view possible. Now since the device slides open and at a 40 degree angle it is a pleasure to watch while eating my lunch.

One other factor that drew me into purchasing the TyTN II was the GPS radio. I have been using the free map w/TomTom and I was using Google Maps but once you get a taste of TomTom you really want the full experience. So yesterday I placed an order at the Mobility Today store for Tom Tom 6 Navigator for PocketPC! I have read many forums where people were not sure if the TomTom 6 Navigator for PocketPC would work and for confirmation it did! When I got the DVD today I immediately installed the application and was prompted with an error, "Not enough space on HTC TyTN II".. Now, I should have known since I only had a 1GB card so I once again placed an order for a Sandisk 4GB MicroSD card. Now this is the mother of all memory cards to buy for any Windows Mobile phone! I used the included reader to move all my previous content from my 1GB card to the 4GB card which it only took 4.5 minutes to move 850MB's of data!!! Unbelievable!

Once I got the maps installed I timed exactly how long it took the TyTN II to lock the satellites. The average time took me only 6.5 seconds!!! This is even better than my TomTom 910 unit! The guidance is dead on and exact! Now I have only used the TomTom for 1 day but I do have some long trips coming up so I definitely will put it through some paces...

So please keep posted as I will continue my adventure with the HTC TyTN II.. Please continue to post your questions as I will answer them as I can.

DISLIKES

The unit definitely needs a bigger battery 1350mAh just doesn't cut it especially for a device with 802.11, HSDPA, GPS and Bluetooth.
I have no clue how to tweak the GPS as there is no application associated with it? It just works..
TomTom included is a complete waste for US. Why? Because you have to buy the entire US/Canada maps on DVD not like European maps where you can buy cities.
Bluetooth pairing w/my Speakerphone worked fine but it looks like the Bluetooth Stack on the TyTN II is weird. Volume is much lower compared to the Q9m and Treo 750.
US Tech support is terrible for this unit. As per HTC America's "We will not support the TyTN II, thank you sir have a nice day!"
I need Microsoft Voice Command... CASE CLOSED! Poor decision HTC!!!!
LIKES

I LOVE the tilt screen. Most comfortable keyboard I have ever used.
Skype is fantastic on the TyTN II! Wish I could get video to work on Skype but they haven't enabled it yet..
Memory, Memory, Space.. Gotta love it!
3MP camera takes some great pictures!
TomTom teaser makes me want to spend more money for maps.. Perfect fit for me in NY when walking around Manhattan.
GPS works with zero configuration
Google Maps and Live Search for Mobile works perfectly with the embedded GPS.
Nice touch by adding a screen protector in the box
USB charging.. Gotta love it!
Slingbox works perfectly.. No stuttering and full screen viewing is beautiful on the tilt

Reference: http://mobilitytoday.com/articles/htc_tytnII_review.html

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น